Bloggin' from The Bend of Time

Thursday, September 01, 2005

I GOT TEH DEMO

Yep, I got the Myst V demo a few days ago. Including breaks for settings testing, lunch, dinner, and a phone conversation, it took me NINE hours to complete it. I was testing all sorts of theories and bahro numeral/glyph connections: opening and closing certain windows in the Noloben rock, thinking at one point it was like the Kadish puzzle to open the vault (process of elimination)--eventually I made the necessary mental connection, but I ended up using brute-force and trial-and-error. Turns out my counting was off by one! Blarg! And of course, I could have just used the slate all along! :)

Regarding Esher--wow. He moves very fluidly (at least in Noloben), and I can't get enough of David Ogden Stiers' accent! And while I know we don't have the whole story concerning Esher's motives, I'm getting bad vibes from him. Then again, I'm only one out of maybe three people who don't think Yeesha is or turning into a female Gehn. I suspect, like in Myst, that there might be a third choice apart from Esher and Yeesha. I really hope that there are a few alternate endings!

What else...oh yeah, the official website went online, along with lots of new screenshots, Age Nodes, and videos. The game will come out soon, thank goodness!


P.S. You don't know what you got 'til it's gone--the servers for SA must've finally died, and it's driving me nuts that I can't access the forums. Just our luck to have the servers in New Orleans, right in the path of Katrina.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home